crosstab query

Hello,

is anybody find it is not a shame not to have a 'pivot' method in the
local SQL, which exist in VisualBasic.
If you agree, do you know if Inprise (Borland) intend to do something
in the next release?
If you disagree, which method do Inprise propose to make 'crosstab
queries', to get the records of this query on standard TDBGrid or
TDBEdit.
NB : if i use 3rd part components (like DecisionCube or others), they
need special report components, or special programmation to print.

Other way to say it:
I have a table with 3 fields : 'name', 'date', 'value'
I want the end-user builds easily a report with TQREditor of
QuickReport that has, as head of column:
- a field like 'name'
- a field like 'january' (or 01), where records are sum of all the
values for the month.
- a field like 'february' (or 02), where records are sum of all the
values for the month.

Can anybody help me?
Thank you in advance
Didier