S.O.S. !!! Oracle+Bde+Delphi and big bad bug

Hi great brains, I need your help as desert needs water !!!

Sorry for my bad English, I'm the beginner : (, but I hope, you will
understand me.

I found a trouble with BDE 5.01: when I  try to lock record using the
following construction:
'SELECT ...WHERE PRIMARY_KEY=<VALUE>... FOR UPDATE NOWAIT'. Ok, record
is locked. BUT!!! when another user tries to set lock on a record, which is
placed in the same Oracle data block as the locked record ( block number in
ROWID is the same ),
BDE raises error 'Record was locked by another user ORA-00054 Resource busy
and acquire with NOWAIT specified' But this record is not locked by
anybody!!! And when I try to do this operation , for example, in SQL+ or
TOAD, it works correctly.
I'm eager to know what the trouble is and how to do it correctly.

Re:S.O.S. !!! Oracle+Bde+Delphi and big bad bug

Hi great brains, I need your help as desert needs water !!!

Sorry for my bad English, I'm the beginner : (, but I hope, you will
understand me.

I found a trouble with BDE 5.01: when I  try to lock record using the
following construction:
'SELECT ...WHERE PRIMARY_KEY=<VALUE>... FOR UPDATE NOWAIT'. Ok, record
is locked. BUT!!! when another user tries to set lock on a record, which is
placed in the same Oracle data block as the locked record ( block number in
ROWID is the same ),
BDE raises error 'Record was locked by another user ORA-00054 Resource busy
and acquire with NOWAIT specified' But this record is not locked by
anybody!!! And when I try to do this operation , for example, in SQL+ or
TOAD, it works correctly.
I'm eager to know what the trouble is and how to do it correctly.
I' d be grateful to everyone who can help me.
Best regards, Dimas.

Other Threads