Delphi Application Installation Problem

I have created a set of Distribution Disks for an application
written using Delphi Ver 3.0. I have used the Borland supplied
Installshield Express to create the Installation Disks . When
the application is installed on recent versions of Win 95/98/NT
the installation proceeds correctly.

However, with very old versions of Windows 95 ie ver 4.00.950
during the installation process when the installation display
window says "Setup is updating Borland Database Engine
Configuration".

The error message is :-

Merging the Configuration File has Failed:
Config File c:\Program Files\Borland\Common Files\BDE\IDAPI32.cnf

is there a work around for this problem ?

regards,

Bernard Doyle

Re:Delphi Application Installation Problem

See the article Q100670 on www.installsheild.com
<Search for Delphi it'll be in the list.>

"Q100670 ERRMSG: During BDE Installation, the Error Message "Merging the
Configuration File has Failed" Occurs "

berna...@wr.com.au wrote in message <7bcvh2$gd...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I have created a set of Distribution Disks for an application
>written using Delphi Ver 3.0. I have used the Borland supplied
>Installshield Express to create the Installation Disks . When
>the application is installed on recent versions of Win 95/98/NT
>the installation proceeds correctly.

>However, with very old versions of Windows 95 ie ver 4.00.950
>during the installation process when the installation display
>window says "Setup is updating Borland Database Engine
>Configuration".

>The error message is :-

>Merging the Configuration File has Failed:
>Config File c:\Program Files\Borland\Common Files\BDE\IDAPI32.cnf

>is there a work around for this problem ?

>regards,

>Bernard Doyle

>http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Other Threads