HELP -- Posting and not posting

HELP !

I am using a Query in my D1 project, I am also using
navigation buttons, as we all know, when you press a navButton, the db is
posted.  This is all fine and good however, when the post occurs the db is
reindexed.  This changes the order of all of my data and is VERY
confusing for the user.

Is there a way to... a) allow the user to change data in the records and
not have them post it when navigating through them, but rather later
(using say a save button).... or b) to somehow disable the index while
the user is editing the records, then later re-implementing the index.

Assistance would be GREATLY appreciated on this.... thanks in advance, NM.