Calculate difference between a row and its row immediatly following it

Every time I need to do similar things, I don't use SQL. You must
write a procedural code.

SQL is wonderful in 90% of the cases, but there are situations where
SQL is not enough. Sometimes I create mixed solutions, with some SQL
statements and procedural code.

EBR

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:48:01 GMT, aca...@wabang.com (Andrew Cates)
wrote:

>Well the subject isn't entirely clear.  What I would like to do is
>subtract a record from the record just below the first record and
>place the result in a resutl column in the first record that was
>subtracted.  I am just getting started in SQL and was wondering if
>anyone had any ideas.

>Andrew Cates
>Software Developer
>Wabang Creative Technology
>aca...@wabang.com

Re:Calculate difference between a row and its row immediatly following it

Well the subject isn't entirely clear.  What I would like to do is
subtract a record from the record just below the first record and
place the result in a resutl column in the first record that was
subtracted.  I am just getting started in SQL and was wondering if
anyone had any ideas.

Andrew Cates
Software Developer
Wabang Creative Technology