fpk-pascal & ddplus

I've used Turbo Pascal a fair bit, but I'm playing around with FPK a little
and (there is probably a really simple solution) I am unable to compile
the units from the DDPLUS door driver kit!  Has anyone managed to do this?
Are there any special compiler switches needed?  Or is this just completely
incompatible with FPK Pascal?  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Re:fpk-pascal & ddplus

In article <3349B37A.5...@mindless.com> Evan Falk <e...@mindless.com> writes:
>I've used Turbo Pascal a fair bit, but I'm playing around with FPK a little
>and (there is probably a really simple solution) I am unable to compile
>the units from the DDPLUS door driver kit!  Has anyone managed to do this?
>Are there any special compiler switches needed?  Or is this just completely
>incompatible with FPK Pascal?  Any help would be appreciated!
>Thanks.

Greetings,
            It is probably a compatiblity problem, FPKPascal is not yet 100%
compatible with Turbo Pascal, which version of FPK-Pascal do you use? In all
cases you should get version 0.6.6

Carl Eric Codere (aka The Black One)
Pascal and asm programming
http://www-edu.gel.usherb.ca/codc01

Re:fpk-pascal & ddplus

I was using 0.6.5, and that didn't work, then I tried the patch to 0.6.6
(I'm
not sure if I patched it right, but it seemed to work after I recompiled
a few
units).  But I will probably be unable to convert my old program to FPK
anyway, due to other compatibility problems.
Thanks anyway

In article <334BE257.2...@mb.sympatico.ca> Evan Falk <e...@mindless.com> writes:

>I was using 0.6.5, and that didn't work, then I tried the patch to 0.6.6
>(I'm
>not sure if I patched it right, but it seemed to work after I recompiled
>a few
>units).  But I will probably be unable to convert my old program to FPK
>anyway, due to other compatibility problems.
>Thanks anyway

Greetings,
                Wait until version 0.9 gets out, it should normally be 99%
compatible with TP...

Carl Eric Codere (aka The Black One)
Pascal and asm programming
http://www-edu.gel.usherb.ca/codc01

Re:fpk-pascal & ddplus

> Greetings,
>                 Wait until version 0.9 gets out, it should normally be 99%
> compatible with TP...

        I'm probably better off with TP7.0, I guess. Too bad, cause
I REALLY liked some of the things that fpk has (function overloading,
32-bit stuff, more memory,etc).  (does it not seem strange that the
most "current" version is still only for a 286 instruction set?)

Re:fpk-pascal & ddplus

In article <334D1348.3...@mindless.com> Evan Falk <e...@mindless.com> writes:
>> Greetings,
>>                 Wait until version 0.9 gets out, it should normally be 99%
>> compatible with TP...
>        I'm probably better off with TP7.0, I guess. Too bad, cause
>I REALLY liked some of the things that fpk has (function overloading,
>32-bit stuff, more memory,etc).  (does it not seem strange that the
>most "current" version is still only for a 286 instruction set?)

Do you mean FPk-Pascal? It can optimize for Pentium... anyhow, get both TP7.0
and FPK-Pascal, and you will be able to port your code to most platforms!
<g>... When v0.9 is released...

Carl Eric Codere (aka The Black One)
Pascal and asm programming
http://www-edu.gel.usherb.ca/codc01

Re:fpk-pascal & ddplus

> >        I'm probably better off with TP7.0, I guess. Too bad, cause
> >I REALLY liked some of the things that fpk has (function overloading,
> >32-bit stuff, more memory,etc).  (does it not seem strange that the
> >most "current" version is still only for a 286 instruction set?)

> Do you mean FPk-Pascal? It can optimize for Pentium... anyhow, get both TP7.0
> and FPK-Pascal, and you will be able to port your code to most platforms!

I have the same problem and I was considering FPK as my next compiler.
Where did you find documented that it can optimize for Pentium?

Moreover, The trouble with passing from Borland Pascal to other pascal is
graphic in my case. Do you happen to know if FPK has a graphic unit
that allows commands such as PutPixel, Line or palette? Or maybe
did someone else do this unit for FPK pascal?

bye
Rai

Re:fpk-pascal & ddplus

> I have the same problem and I was considering FPK as my next compiler.
> Where did you find documented that it can optimize for Pentium?

> Moreover, The trouble with passing from Borland Pascal to other pascal is
> graphic in my case. Do you happen to know if FPK has a graphic unit
> that allows commands such as PutPixel, Line or palette? Or maybe
> did someone else do this unit for FPK pascal?

        Documentation for FPK doesn't seem great, but if you type
the executable for the compiler (I forget the file name...) without
any parameters it gives you a list of options, including optimizing
for particular processors and operating systems.
        There is a graph unit for FPK, but since I mainly write bbs
door programs, I really don't know how compatible it is.  But hey,
it's not as if you have anything to lose but a couple of hours max
by trying it out, since it's free.

Evan

Other Threads