Reading Formatted Memo fields from Delphi

I have some Paradox tables that must be read from a Delphi application.
Some of these tables have a fields with the type 'Formatted Memo'.
Delphi has no problem with the type just 'Memo', but does not seem to
be able to read the Formatted Memo.  Does anyone have an idea of
how to read these fields or somehow convert the fields to the normal
Memo Type?  I know I can go into Paradox and convert the table fields
manually, but I need to somehow automate this process preferably through
Delphi.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.