Case sensitive Oracle table names

I am trying to integrate a new Delphi application with an existing
Paradox application both connecting to an Oracle database.  To make
TQueries updateable in Delphi (V1) I am having to move from SQL Links
2.0 to version 2.5.

However it appear that version 2.5 of SQL Links requires Oracle table
and column names in client side SQL to be in uppercase.  Can anyone
confirm if this is true and if there's a workaround to avoid having to
change all the SQL in the Paradox application.

Stuart Johnson

Stuart.John...@capgemini.co.uk

Re:Case sensitive Oracle table names

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996 11:12:18 GMT, 100524.2...@compuserve.com (Stuart

Johnson) wrote:
>I am trying to integrate a new Delphi application with an existing
>Paradox application both connecting to an Oracle database.  To make
>TQueries updateable in Delphi (V1) I am having to move from SQL Links
>2.0 to version 2.5.

>However it appear that version 2.5 of SQL Links requires Oracle table
>and column names in client side SQL to be in uppercase.  Can anyone
>confirm if this is true and if there's a workaround to avoid having to
>change all the SQL in the Paradox application.

>Stuart Johnson

>Stuart.John...@capgemini.co.uk

Yes, this is a problem I have encountered, and It's a real pain.
Unfortuneately, I know of no work - around for it. This problems also
continues in the 32 bit SQL Links.

Anyone know why?

TTFN
Mike