Posting code...don't make any body mad :)

Hello!

    First I would like to thank everybody for all the help I've received!
Really appreciate it!
    Being new to the newsgroup I wanted to know if it is ok if I post code
(it's never big) to get help with? Don't want to make any body upset! Just
want to make sure!

    Thanks again for all the help!

    :) Evan Anderson

Re:Posting code...don't make any body mad :)

Evan Anderson <e...@pcsnow.com> said
>Hello!

>    First I would like to thank everybody for all the help I've received!
>Really appreciate it!
>    Being new to the newsgroup I wanted to know if it is ok if I post code
>(it's never big) to get help with? Don't want to make any body upset! Just
>want to make sure!

Certainly you can post the relevant bits of code you are having problems
with - worth remembering to add the declarations of variables as well so
the problem might be easier/quicker to see.

--
Information on Newsgroup posted weekly on Sunday - read before writing!
Contains links to    |  http://www.pedt.serve.net.uk/faq/clpb-faq.txt

Re:Posting code...don't make any body mad :)

JRS:  In article <8df3ik$...@news.dx.net> of Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:47:31
seen in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Evan Anderson <e...@pcsnow.com>
wrote:

>    Being new to the newsgroup I wanted to know if it is ok if I post code
>(it's never big) to get help with? Don't want to make any body upset! Just
>want to make sure!

Certainly; but if there are any parts of the code that are definitely
not needed to show the problem, remove them (and re-test that the
problem remains) first.  It's very quick to repeat this with TP.
Remember that we may need to see data, too; or output.

For compile-time errors, show the cursor location and the error message;
there must be an error at or before that point.  Posting a little more
may help us to deduce the needed change; but posting all the rest may
well be unprofitable.

For run-time errors, show the exact location (we don't want to count
lines) and the error message.

Include the code as plain text, not as an attachment; arrange matters so
that your nice neat code is not badly wrapped by the mailer.  It is
*your* job to tempt us to fulfil our intentions by actually reading it.

Re:Posting code...don't make any body mad :)

Evan Anderson <e...@pcsnow.com> wrote:
>     Being new to the newsgroup I wanted to know if it is ok if I post code
> (it's never big) to get help with? Don't want to make any body upset! Just

That's fine, as long as you remember to post it as plain text, not a binary
attachment.

   sa...@maths.uwa.edu.au     |    come to ruin." -- Proverbs 13:3