Using time() and localtime() functions in BC++ 5.02

Since BC 5.02 predates y2k, I am wondering if anyone can tell me whether the
time() and localtime() functions etc., can be trusted to give correct
results these days. I checked out the y2k patch link at
http://info.borland.com/devsupport/borlandcpp/ and it only has the TDate and
TTime source code in it. From this I have to assume that the C functions
time(), localtime() and related functions are ok. But I would like to know
if anyone has had trouble post y2k.

Thanks
David

Re:Using time() and localtime() functions in BC++ 5.02

d wrote:
> Since BC 5.02 predates y2k, I am wondering if anyone can tell me whether the
> time() and localtime() functions etc., can be trusted to give correct
> results these days. I checked out the y2k patch link at
> http://info.borland.com/devsupport/borlandcpp/ and it only has the TDate and
> TTime source code in it. From this I have to assume that the C functions
> time(), localtime() and related functions are ok. But I would like to know
> if anyone has had trouble post y2k.

> Thanks
> David

Hello,

time() returns the time in seconds elapsed from January 1st 1970.
It doesn't matter whether the current year before or after 2000.

localtime() too works with a structure, where the year is holded
in an int variable.

The Y2K problem should make troubles in systems where there are only two
digits provided for the year.

--
Jogy
http://www.jogy.net/