NO MORE DELPHI HERE, GOTO ALT.LANG.DELPHI

In article <3rhsl8$tm4_...@csihq.com> j...@csihq.com (John Day) writes:
>In article <3rbbb0$...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
>   john1...@aol.com (John1452) wrote:
>>the subj says it all
>Not quite. I don't have a 'alt.lang.delphi' in my list of alt.xxx readnews
>groups.
>Where do I go?

In the short term, you should go to comp.lang.pascal.misc (the new name of
comp.lang.pascal).  In a month or so, you should be able to go to
comp.lang.pascal.delphi.{misc, databases, or components}, assuming their votes
pass.  If you want to vote on the creation of these newsgroups, get a ballot
from the CFV in news.announce.newgroups, or follow these directions:

"For a copy of the Call For Votes (CFV), send mail to
<c...@Syra.NET> indicating which vote you want the CFV for
(I am running several).
                                  -- Warren Lavallee (war...@Syra.NET)"

Duncan Murdoch

Re:NO MORE DELPHI HERE, GOTO ALT.LANG.DELPHI

In article <3ri7ej$...@pepsi.eng.umd.edu> eng...@Glue.umd.edu (Truyen Canh Lam) writes:

>actually, there are some new groups have been created.  hope all delphi
>people will post messages in comp.lang.pascal.borland, so that we don't
>have to listen to the standard pascal people whine anymore.

If they follow the charters of the new groups, they won't.
Comp.lang.pascal.borland is for TP/BP/TPW.  Delphi belongs in
comp.lang.pascal.misc, until its own groups are created.

BTW, the vote for the Delphi groups is on now.  You can get a ballot in
news.announce.newgroups, or as follows:

"For a copy of the Call For Votes (CFV), send mail to
<c...@Syra.NET> indicating which vote you want the CFV for
(I am running several).
                                  -- Warren Lavallee (war...@Syra.NET)"

Ask for the comp.lang.pascal.delphi.* ballot.

Duncan Murdoch

Re:NO MORE DELPHI HERE, GOTO ALT.LANG.DELPHI

        Please?... :)

Re:NO MORE DELPHI HERE, GOTO ALT.LANG.DELPHI

Daniel Burrows (dan...@astro.psu.edu) wrote:

:       Please?... :)

Sorry, no can do.  My site (a LARGE midwestern university) doesn't carry
it, as don't a lot of other sites since alt.lang.delphi is an alt.* group.

However, there has just been created last week comp.lang.pascal.misc.
This is the Delphi site *until* comp.lang.delphi.* is created sometime
REAL SOON NOW.  Keep Delphi out of c.l.p.borland, and IN c.l.p.misc.

Bob
|    Bob Peck : bp...@prairienet.org    |

In article <3s95i6$...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> bp...@prairienet.org (Bob Peck) writes:
>   Daniel Burrows (dan...@astro.psu.edu) wrote:
>   :        Please?... :)

                   ^^

>   Sorry, no can do.  My site (a LARGE midwestern university) doesn't carry
>   it, as don't a lot of other sites since alt.lang.delphi is an alt.* group.

>   However, there has just been created last week comp.lang.pascal.misc.
>   This is the Delphi site *until* comp.lang.delphi.* is created sometime
>   REAL SOON NOW.  Keep Delphi out of c.l.p.borland, and IN c.l.p.misc.

>   Bob
>   --
>   +---------------------------------------+
>   |    Bob Peck : bp...@prairienet.org    |
>   +---------------------------------------+

        I guess I should clear this up now, to forestall the deluge of annoyed
mail from Delphi users who keep mentioning that only 50% of usenet carries
alt.lang.delphi.  I actually thought (believe it or not!) that the article
said "GO TO COMP.LANG.PASCAL.MISC". I don't know how I did that either.
Anyway, sorry Delphi users.

        One more thing.  I guess this was a bad idea, but I made the
mistake of attempting to indulge my (twisted) sense of humor.  I guess people
do take things written with a grin character seriously... :)

        Daniel

Re:NO MORE DELPHI HERE, GOTO ALT.LANG.DELPHI

In article <3sb0bp$...@sdaw04.seinf.abb.se>,
K. Hagman <krister.hag...@rly.abb.se> wrote:

:So, if there is a group comp.lang.delphi.* created soon. Why even bother
:complaining to the people posting to the wrong group if it's just a short
:time before everybody find this new group?
             ^^^^^^^^^
The answer to your question is obvious. Because not everyone will.
Especially, if there will continue to be misplaced postings.

Folloups narrowd down to comp.lang.pascal.misc

   All the best, Timo

t...@uwasa.fi http://uwasa.fi/~ts BBS 961-3170972; FIN-65101,  Finland

   bp...@prairienet.org (Bob Peck) wrote:

>Daniel Burrows (dan...@astro.psu.edu) wrote:
>:   Please?... :)

>Sorry, no can do.  My site (a LARGE midwestern university) doesn't carry
>it, as don't a lot of other sites since alt.lang.delphi is an alt.* group.

>However, there has just been created last week comp.lang.pascal.misc.
>This is the Delphi site *until* comp.lang.delphi.* is created sometime
>REAL SOON NOW.  Keep Delphi out of c.l.p.borland, and IN c.l.p.misc.

>Bob

So, if there is a group comp.lang.delphi.* created soon. Why even bother
complaining to the people posting to the wrong group if it's just a short
time before everybody find this new group?

regards
/Krister

Krister Hagman, B.Sc   Tel: +46 21 321374   ABB Relays AB
Platform Development   Fax: +46 21 321554   S-721 71 Vasteras
ABB Relays AB, HB      rlyk...@rly.abb.se   Sweden

Re:NO MORE DELPHI HERE, GOTO ALT.LANG.DELPHI

Daniel Burrows (dan...@astro.psu.edu) wrote:

:       Please?... :)

keep your shirt on. just as soon as the deplhi specific groups are formed
we will leave you alone to plod on in your moribund ways.

we have been told to come here for delphi until the deplhi news groups
are set up.

wake up

--
regards
vic fraenckel

|Windsway Company   | Home of the WindReader Electronic Theodolite |
|vict...@wizvax.net |            Read the WIND                     |

Victor Fraenckel (vict...@news.wizvax.net) wrote:

: we have been told to come here for delphi until the deplhi news groups
: are set up.

Since this article is posted in c.l.p, c.l.p.borland, and c.l.p.misc we
should all note, the "here" for Delphi at the moment is c.l.p.MISC.

comp.lang.delphi.* are under construction.  Until then do NOT use
c.l.p.borland, but use the .MISC

Bob
|    Bob Peck : bp...@prairienet.org    |

In article <3seq75$...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu> bp...@prairienet.org (Bob Peck) writes:
>Since this article is posted in c.l.p, c.l.p.borland, and c.l.p.misc we
>should all note, the "here" for Delphi at the moment is c.l.p.MISC.
>comp.lang.delphi.* are under construction.  Until then do NOT use
>c.l.p.borland, but use the .MISC

Just to clarify:  the proposed groups are named comp.lang.pascal.delphi.*, not
just c.l.d.*.  They are currently being voted on; the 2nd call for votes has
just gone out.  It didn't get posted in the new c.l.p groups, because they
didn't exist (and I don't think the vote had even started) at the time I
submitted the request for the vote on the Delphi groups.

If you're interested in Delphi, please vote on the new groups.  You can get a
copy of the proposal in comp.lang.pascal if it hasn't scrolled off, or in
news.announce.newgroups if it has.  If you're wondering why the chosen name
was c.l.p.d.* and not c.l.d.*, write to me and I'll send you a copy of the
last RFD where the rationale was given.

Remember, the last day for voting is June 29!

Duncan Murdoch

Re:NO MORE DELPHI HERE, GOTO ALT.LANG.DELPHI

Re:NO MORE DELPHI HERE, GOTO ALT.LANG.DELPHI

In article <DAMFzs....@news.wizvax.net>, vict...@news.wizvax.net says...
;>
;>Daniel Burrows (dan...@astro.psu.edu) wrote:

;>:       Please?... :)
;>
;>keep your shirt on. just as soon as the deplhi specific groups are
;formed
;>we will leave you alone to plod on in your moribund ways.
;>
;>we have been told to come here for delphi until the deplhi news groups
;>are set up.
;>
;>wake up
;>

Told by whom ?

In article <dmurdoch.2511.2FECA...@mast.queensu.ca>,
Duncan Murdoch <dmurd...@mast.queensu.ca> wrote:

:If you're interested in Delphi, please vote on the new groups.  You can get a

I would put it even more generally than my good fried Duncan.
Please vote on the new groups because they are part of the
comp.lang.pascal reorganization, which for some techincal and
administrative reasons is being conducted in two phases. The first
passed, the second is now under way.

   All the best, Timo

t...@uwasa.fi http://uwasa.fi/~ts BBS 961-3170972; FIN-65101,  Finland

Go to page: [1] [2]