256 color image on a 16 color screen?

Hello

I'm writing a program, wich uses 640x480 16 color VGA screen. I need to
display a 256 color bitmap picture on it. How do I convert 256 colors of a
picture to 16 color? (I use TP7)

Thanks in advance

--
GO!rilchX

Re:256 color image on a 16 color screen?

ask bill gates about the best way to dither an image (if you can get a hold
of him,
and i do mean literally!!!)  :)

Vaidas G. <skele...@takas.lt> wrote in article <7talre$...@tauras.vu.lt>...

> Hello

> I'm writing a program, wich uses 640x480 16 color VGA screen. I need to
> display a 256 color bitmap picture on it. How do I convert 256 colors of
> picture to 16 color? (I use TP7)

> Thanks in advance

> --
> GO!rilchX

Re:256 color image on a 16 color screen?

change the original graphic in a graphics program (mspaint works) from 256
colour, to 16 colour. it makes the colours wierd though, i had to change the
colour component on some graphics i wanted to store on a floppy disk :o( not
too good :o(
cya
craig

Vaidas G. <skele...@takas.lt> wrote in message

> Hello

> I'm writing a program, wich uses 640x480 16 color VGA screen. I need to
> display a 256 color bitmap picture on it. How do I convert 256 colors of a
> picture to 16 color? (I use TP7)

> Thanks in advance

> --
> GO!rilchX