OLE and Delphi 16

I have been able to get a test program to work using OLE and WORD.
Now the only problem is - how do I get data into word - the examples
all expect the data to have been created with word.  I would like to
be able to create a report from a DB file and put it into word so that
my users can then edit it any way they want , then print it to the
printer.
Any suggestions on how I get data into Word??  It's all text data.
Using Delphi 1 and running on win 3.1/Win 95.

Thanks
Tom Berry

Re:OLE and Delphi 16

There's a component called  toleauto that will let you do automation from a
d1 app.  It has a class that exposes most of the wordbasic api.  I have
noticed some serious problems wqith talking to 32 bit word from a 16 it
automation client though.

>Any suggestions on how I get data into Word??  It's all text data.
>Using Delphi 1 and running on win 3.1/Win 95.

>Thanks
>Tom Berry

Regards,

Robert Moskal
Brooklyn , USA

Re:OLE and Delphi 16

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 22:33:31 -0500, "Robert Moskal"

<rmos...@mostmedia.com> wrote:
>There's a component called  toleauto that will let you do automation from a
>d1 app.  It has a class that exposes most of the wordbasic api.  I have
>noticed some serious problems wqith talking to 32 bit word from a 16 it
>automation client though.

Thanks Robert, I'll give it a try.

Tom Berry

Re:OLE and Delphi 16

In article <36585637.7964...@forums.borland.com>, Thomas Berry wrote:
> Any suggestions on how I get data into Word??

One technique I use (which is roundabout, but rock-solid) is using
Cypress Enable Basic, which implements OLE properly in its 16-bit
version.  You can wrte a little Basic script that does what you want
with the automation server - 16-bit or 32-bit - and embed the whole
thing in a 16-bit Delphi app.

As I say, it's not direct, but it does nicely leverage the work of
others.  Cypress Enable is not ultra-cheap, but it's a great tool.
<http://www.cypressinc.com/>

--
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:07 EST
Jim O'Brien, UnitOOPS Software