Delphi / ActiveMovie Issue

When I import the ActiveX component Microsoft ActiveMovie and use it in an
application I am no longer able to save the project or the form.
To exit out of Delphi I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill the process.

An Error appears:
Access violation at adress 400D01E8 in Module VCL50.bpl. Read of adress
000000CC.

Any ideas?

Re:Delphi / ActiveMovie Issue

As a follow up.... I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise (build 5.62).

Shannon Broskie <sbros...@erols.com> wrote in message

> When I import the ActiveX component Microsoft ActiveMovie and use it in an
> application I am no longer able to save the project or the form.
> To exit out of Delphi I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill the process.

> An Error appears:
> Access violation at adress 400D01E8 in Module VCL50.bpl. Read of adress
> 000000CC.

> Any ideas?

Re:Delphi / ActiveMovie Issue

I had a similar deal.  I ended up having to create and add the ActiveMovie
component in FormCreate.

Re:Delphi / ActiveMovie Issue

Hmmm sounds like a bug. If you can duplicate it, try sending to Borland.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Visit my COM Notes at http://www.castle.net/~bly/com

> As a follow up.... I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise (build 5.62).

> Shannon Broskie <sbros...@erols.com> wrote in message
> > When I import the ActiveX component Microsoft ActiveMovie and use it in
an
> > application I am no longer able to save the project or the form.
> > To exit out of Delphi I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill the process.

> > An Error appears:
> > Access violation at adress 400D01E8 in Module VCL50.bpl. Read of adress
> > 000000CC.

> > Any ideas?

Re:Delphi / ActiveMovie Issue

(In Delphi4) Download the current ActiveMovie from Microsoft, import it as
an ActiveX control, make a new app, stick it on the form, and try to save...

voila!

Unspecified Error

(No additional details were provided, that would make it too easy!)

Other Threads