Board index » delphi » interruption in Delphi 4/5 Windows 98

interruption in Delphi 4/5 Windows 98

Hello,
I need to use Windows under interruption when executing a specific
task under windows. Indeed, I'm using an acquisition GAGE card and I
want to transfer as fast as possible data from it to my PC. Does
anyone have any alraedy made code to help me ? Is there any easy
solution (I'm affraid of the answer) ? Otherwise, is there any
intermediate solution, namely : not allowing windows to work "too
much" during the application, and making the task as prioritar as
possible ?

Thanks very much in advance to all those who can help me.

Best
Julien

 

Re:interruption in Delphi 4/5 Windows 98


"J.Bobroff" <jubobr...@yahoo.fr> skrev i melding
news:2b3af613.0205262240.fe47348@posting.google.com...

Quote
> Hello,
> I need to use Windows under interruption when executing a specific
> task under windows. Indeed, I'm using an acquisition GAGE card and I
> want to transfer as fast as possible data from it to my PC. Does
> anyone have any alraedy made code to help me ? Is there any easy
> solution (I'm affraid of the answer) ? Otherwise, is there any
> intermediate solution, namely : not allowing windows to work "too
> much" during the application, and making the task as prioritar as
> possible ?

> Thanks very much in advance to all those who can help me.

A common way of solving such tasks is by using a high priority thread for
the communication. With tpTimeCritical priority, it works almos as if using
interrupts (which I believe doesn't work with W2k/XP).

--
Bj?rge S?ther
bjorge@hahaha_itte.no

Re:interruption in Delphi 4/5 Windows 98


See :-

SetPriorityClass
REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS

SetThreadPriority
THREAD_PRIORITY_TIME_CRITICAL  

You'll find them in the Windows Programmers Reference help files that
are part of the Delphi help system

On 26 May 2002 23:40:46 -0700, jubobr...@yahoo.fr (J.Bobroff) wrote:

Quote
>Hello,
>I need to use Windows under interruption when executing a specific
>task under windows. Indeed, I'm using an acquisition GAGE card and I
>want to transfer as fast as possible data from it to my PC. Does
>anyone have any alraedy made code to help me ? Is there any easy
>solution (I'm affraid of the answer) ? Otherwise, is there any
>intermediate solution, namely : not allowing windows to work "too
>much" during the application, and making the task as prioritar as
>possible ?

>Thanks very much in advance to all those who can help me.

>Best
>Julien

Re:interruption in Delphi 4/5 Windows 98


I don't know this DAQ card. However, *any* card worth having will provide
the low level drivers to DMA data to memory.
Your problem as the programmer is simply to pick it up at the other end.
Now, if you want to write a program that post-processes the data thats been
acquired as and when the OS lets you, then that's just fine. What you can't
do on a PC is have your program handle an incoming stream and respond to it
on a microsecond by microsecond basis. If you give me an idea of what it is
you are trying to do, I can be more specific.

Dave

Quote
J.Bobroff <jubobr...@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

news:2b3af613.0205262240.fe47348@posting.google.com...
Quote
> Hello,
> I need to use Windows under interruption when executing a specific
> task under windows. Indeed, I'm using an acquisition GAGE card and I
> want to transfer as fast as possible data from it to my PC. Does
> anyone have any alraedy made code to help me ? Is there any easy
> solution (I'm affraid of the answer) ? Otherwise, is there any
> intermediate solution, namely : not allowing windows to work "too
> much" during the application, and making the task as prioritar as
> possible ?

> Thanks very much in advance to all those who can help me.

> Best
> Julien

Other Threads