BitBtn Transparency not wanted

Part of the built-in functionality of the TBitBtn is to use the bottem left
pixel of the glyph as the indicator of what pixels to make transparent.  how
do I turn off that functionality?  I don't want my glyphs to be transparent.

Re:BitBtn Transparency not wanted

On Wed, 13 May 1998 17:30:31 -0400, "Michael J. Quinn"

<MichaelQu...@bigffot.com.nospam> wrote:
> Part of the built-in functionality of the TBitBtn is to use the bottem left
> pixel of the glyph as the indicator of what pixels to make transparent.

There isn't an easy way to "turn this off". You'll need to create your
own button component.

--
Rick Rogers (TeamB) | Fenestra Technologies
http://www.fenestra.com/

Re:BitBtn Transparency not wanted

The easy way is to make sure the pixel at the bottom left is of a color that
is NOT contained anywhere else on the bitmap. Not perfect, but easy.

D. Filion

Michael J. Quinn a crit dans le message
<6jd2s6$d2...@forums.borland.com>...

>Part of the built-in functionality of the TBitBtn is to use the bottem left
>pixel of the glyph as the indicator of what pixels to make transparent.
how
>do I turn off that functionality?  I don't want my glyphs to be
transparent.

Re:BitBtn Transparency not wanted

Yip.  That's what I ended up doing.  Works pretty good for my purposes.  I
think I'll just stick with that for now.  One day, I'd like to figure out
how to put a bitmap on a button myself, but I'll wait til I really need it.

Michael

D. Filion wrote in message <6jdrok$d...@forums.borland.com>...
>The easy way is to make sure the pixel at the bottom left is of a color
that
>is NOT contained anywhere else on the bitmap. Not perfect, but easy.

>D. Filion

>Michael J. Quinn a crit dans le message
><6jd2s6$d2...@forums.borland.com>...
>>Part of the built-in functionality of the TBitBtn is to use the bottem
left
>>pixel of the glyph as the indicator of what pixels to make transparent.
>how
>>do I turn off that functionality?  I don't want my glyphs to be
>transparent.

Re:BitBtn Transparency not wanted

Hi Michael,

The quick and simple way to go about not having your glyphs transparent is
to make the bottom left pixel a slight different color than the rest of the
image, but you have probably already thought of that yourself..

Michael J. Quinn wrote in message <6jd2s6$d2...@forums.borland.com>...
>Part of the built-in functionality of the TBitBtn is to use the bottem left
>pixel of the glyph as the indicator of what pixels to make transparent.
how
>do I turn off that functionality?  I don't want my glyphs to be
transparent.

Other Threads