Indy HTTP Component and Proxy Negotiation

Can someone please help me with the proxy settings in the Indy HTTP
component.

I notice that there are proxy settings as part of the TidHTTP.Request and
also as part of TidHTTP.SocksInfo.

Am I right to assume the if the SocksVersion is set to svNoSocks that the
proxy information is taken from the Request object?

Am I right to assume that if the SocksVersion is other than svNoSocks that
the proxy information is taken from the SocksInfo object?

I am trying to determine what would happen if both sets of proxy information
have been filled out, and also what is the best method when trying to use
the Indy HTTP component through a proxy.

Thanks in Advance,
Matthew.

Re:Indy HTTP Component and Proxy Negotiation

mhopk...@REMOVEbanklink.co.nz (Matthew Hopkins) wrote in <3ac14fcd_2@dnews>:

>Am I right to assume the if the SocksVersion is set to svNoSocks that the
>proxy information is taken from the Request object?

>Am I right to assume that if the SocksVersion is other than svNoSocks that
>the proxy information is taken from the SocksInfo object?

>I am trying to determine what would happen if both sets of proxy information
>have been filled out, and also what is the best method when trying to use
>the Indy HTTP component through a proxy.

They are two differnet types of proxies. The Socks info is a Socks proxy at
the TCP level. The other one is for a CERN HTTP proxy. Normally even if a
SOCKS proxy exists, there is often a CERN proxy as well and it is used
instead of the SOCKS proxy for HTTP.

If you specify both, it would then use the SOCKS proxy to contact the CERN
proxy.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.

Other Threads