IE can not also updae activex

Hi ,

 I have create an ocx using activeform , but my problem is the IE can not
automatically download new version , it always using files that has been
download in  /winnt/downloaded program  , how to solve the problem ?

Alex

Re:IE can not also updae activex

alex wrote:
>  I have create an ocx using activeform , but my problem is the IE can not
> automatically download new version , it always using files that has been
> download in  /winnt/downloaded program  , how to solve the problem ?

Generate a new GUID for the latest version of your activex.

--
Henrick Hellstr?m,
StreamSec http://www.streamsec.com

Re:IE can not also updae activex

>  I have create an ocx using activeform , but my problem is the IE can not
> automatically download new version , it always using files that has been
> download in  /winnt/downloaded program  , how to solve the problem ?

Long time since I've done any ActiveX but in the web page where you specify
the cab or ocx (the object tag) you can specify a version number after the
URL to the object (have a look at web deployment options within Delphi as
you will have to embed version information if you want this to work).

Here you can specify which version of the ActiveX control you want to use,
and IE will check versions before displaying the control A little tip is to
use a version number of -1,-1,-1,-1 in the URL instead of the real version.
IE will then always check if the version number of the server is newer than
that it has downloaded and update if required. You don't need to keep
changing the HTML as you update versions.

Hope this helps

Chris Clark.

Other Threads