Failed to connect to COM/DCOM Server.

I am sure this is a simple problem to fix but I don't know where to start.
I am installing a DCOM client on a Windows98 machine.  The interface is
registed.  The remote call is pointing to the right machine.  The server is
set to allow the client to access the server interface. BUT, I get the error
"Failed to connect to COM/DCOM Server.  Has anyone come encountered this
error and what is the remedy?

Philip

Re:Failed to connect to COM/DCOM Server.

Have you checked that DCOM is enabled on both PCs ? (DCOMCNFG.EXE)

Paolo

"Philip Reicher" <philip_n...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I am sure this is a simple problem to fix but I don't know where to start.
> I am installing a DCOM client on a Windows98 machine.  The interface is
> registed.  The remote call is pointing to the right machine.  The server
is
> set to allow the client to access the server interface. BUT, I get the
error
> "Failed to connect to COM/DCOM Server.  Has anyone come encountered this
> error and what is the remedy?

> Philip

Re:Failed to connect to COM/DCOM Server.

If your server is on a 9x machine, you need to go to that machine and
manually run it first before any remote clients can connect to it. 9x does
not support automatic remote activation.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
http://www.techvanguards.com

Philip Reicher <philip_n...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I am sure this is a simple problem to fix but I don't know where to start.
> I am installing a DCOM client on a Windows98 machine.  The interface is
> registed.  The remote call is pointing to the right machine.  The server
is
> set to allow the client to access the server interface. BUT, I get the
error
> "Failed to connect to COM/DCOM Server.  Has anyone come encountered this
> error and what is the remedy?

> Philip

Other Threads