Low Level sound from DELPHI using MMSYSTEM-- help!

Can anyone suggest some documentation or examples of how to use the low
level sound functions for a sound card from within DELPHI?  I have read
through the mmsystem.hlp file, but need a bit more than that.  Are there
any good books on programming the MM API that I could use?

Thanks.

Re:Low Level sound from DELPHI using MMSYSTEM-- help!

dd...@paschools.pa.sk.ca (David Dice) writes:
> Can anyone suggest some documentation or examples of how to use the low
> level sound functions for a sound card from within DELPHI?  I have read
> through the mmsystem.hlp file, but need a bit more than that.  Are there
> any good books on programming the MM API that I could use?

> Thanks.

        That's easy.  Add the unit mmsystem and then call the sound
function like sndPlaySound(WavFile, snd_Async).  P.S. WavFile is a
null-terminated string.

Edward Tang

synapti!edwt...@hk.super.net

Re:Low Level sound from DELPHI using MMSYSTEM-- help!

In article <5P3iBD2w1...@synapti.UUCP>, edwt...@synapti.UUCP says...

>dd...@paschools.pa.sk.ca (David Dice) writes:

>> Can anyone suggest some documentation or examples of how to use the
low
>> level sound functions for a sound card from within DELPHI?  I have
read
>> through the mmsystem.hlp file, but need a bit more than that.  Are
there
>> any good books on programming the MM API that I could use?

>> Thanks.

>        That's easy.  Add the unit mmsystem and then call the sound
>function like sndPlaySound(WavFile, snd_Async).  P.S. WavFile is a
>null-terminated string.

>Edward Tang

>synapti!edwt...@hk.super.net

While using the high level sound functions like sndPlaySound is easy, I
have been totally unable to get the low level functions to work.  For
example, I need to read directly to a buffer (not to a wav file).  When I
try to use waveInOpen I get nothing but error messages.  I need some more
documentation on these function calls than is given in the mmsystem.hlp
file with Delphi.

Still looking, so I hope someone has something out there.

dd...@paschools.pa.sk.ca (David Dice) wrote:

> Can anyone suggest some documentation or examples of how to use the low
> level sound functions for a sound card from within DELPHI?  I have read
> through the mmsystem.hlp file, but need a bit more than that.  Are there
> any good books on programming the MM API that I could use?

> Thanks.

You should get MS windows multimedia programmer's workbook or
programmer's reference.  I believe the reference is out of print, but
the workbook has a bunch of code examples.  Each chapter is dedicated
to one topic of multimedia programming (i.e. sound (lowlevel and higher level),
movie, joystick, etc.

If you want me to look something up for you, I could do that.  I have
the programmers workbook at work.

Daniela

Other Threads