256 to 16 colors in bitmap

 Hello
  I have written a bitmap application in Delphi1 and when I save the
bitmap
it is saved as 256 colors. I wish to save the bitmap as a 16 color
bitmap.
Does anybody know how to do this?.
 Thanks in advance
--
brian pepper

Re:256 to 16 colors in bitmap

brian pepper wrote:

>  Hello
>   I have written a bitmap application in Delphi1 and when I save the
> bitmap
> it is saved as 256 colors. I wish to save the bitmap as a 16 color
> bitmap.
> Does anybody know how to do this?.
>  Thanks in advance
> --
> brian pepper

You will need to implement the function GetDiBits(), and save the image
manually. Write out to disk the TBitmapFileHeader, TBitmapInfoHeader,
the BMI Colors array, and finally the bits.

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht
(Borland Delphi Developer Support)