Multiple .NET (.LCK) Files !!1

When you set up the alias, make sure the net directory is pointing to the
network directory *.net file.

ie  F:\PARADOX\PARADOX.NET

Delete the *.LCK files if they have locked up tables, they will be regenerated.

Malk

Re:Multiple .NET (.LCK) Files !!1

On 22 Sep 1997 16:26:27 GMT, <> wrote:

>I am trying to put my application on the network but
>keep getting errors like
>'Multiple .NET files in use' or
>'Multiple .LCK files in use'

>when more than 1 user accesses the database.

>Delphi 16 bit - Paradox database.

In the BDE Config, check your NetFileDir setting.

Under the 16bit BDE, the setting must be identical.  This means that
the drive letter, and path info must be exactly the same.  It is not
good enough that the paths map to the same location.  So, If user 1
sees the common directory as f:\the\place  then all other users must
have the exact same drive letter/path info.

If this is a peer to peer, then the machine that is serving as the
"Host" of the netdir must also map a drive to the location, so he
calls it by the same name as all the other machines.

Under 32bit BDE, the paths must map to the same location, but the can
be different logical paths to the same physical path.

Chuck Gadd
Director of Software Development, {*word*104} FX Communications.
e-mail:cgadd-NOS...@{*word*104}-fx.com  http://www.csd.net/~cgadd
Remove the -NOSPAM from my email address to send me e-mail.
*** I boycott businesses that send me unsolicited email adverti{*word*224}ts ***

Re:Multiple .NET (.LCK) Files !!1

Ensure that the NETDIR In the IDAPI.CFG file on each PC is set to the same
directory (preferably one on the server).

A good idea is to copy the IDAPI.CFG to the server and point everyone elses
machines to it. That way if you have change the aliases, you pnly have to
change them once.

san...@itl.net

<Unknow wrote in article <60667j$...@bbcnews.rd.bbc.co.uk>...

> Please Help.

> I am trying to put my application on the network but
> keep getting errors like
> 'Multiple .NET files in use' or
> 'Multiple .LCK files in use'

> when more than 1 user accesses the database.

> Delphi 16 bit - Paradox database.

> Any ideas?

> Marc Knowles
> marc.know...@bbc.co.uk