Table is Full message using Delphi2

I have a program that reads a large Table on one system and writes to a new
table on my pc.  This table will have around 2.5 million records and be
about 550 MB in size. But I get ( TABLE IS FULL ) after 526000 Records and
128 MB in size.  As a test i wrote a small test program to write a table
this test wrote over 3 million records but still gave me ( Table Is Full )
at 128 Mb in size.  How can i over come this 128 mb problem?

Re:Table is Full message using Delphi2

Do you really think someone will be able to answer your question without
knowing what database you are using<g>???  From the 128 mb I'll assume
Paradox tables.  Paradox tables are limited to 64k blocks. The default block
size is 2k which gives a maximum table size of 128 mb. Valid block sizes are
2, 4, 8, 16 and 32k. To change the block size of an existing table you can
use a utility at www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html. To change
the default block size for all new tables you create change the block size
for the Paradox driver in BDE Administrator.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Table is Full message using Delphi2

>I have a program that reads a large Table on one system and writes to a new
>table on my pc.  This table will have around 2.5 million records and be
>about 550 MB in size. But I get ( TABLE IS FULL ) after 526000 Records and
>128 MB in size.  As a test i wrote a small test program to write a table
>this test wrote over 3 million records but still gave me ( Table Is Full )
>at 128 Mb in size.  How can i over come this 128 mb problem?

That is the maximum size for a table that uses a 2K block size.
Tables are created with the default block size set in the BDE config.
You need to raise the size if you want a larger table.  If you set the block
size over 4K you also need to set the default table level to 7.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads