How to perform sort on lookup fields (Paradox tables)

I have a DBGrid with some lookup fields (that don't have an index), can i sort the grid according to these lookup fields? if not what is the alternative way of sorting it according to the data inside the lookup field?

TIA

Re:How to perform sort on lookup fields (Paradox tables)

Load the data, including the lookup fields, into a ClientDataSet using
a join query. Do you need to update the data or just view it?

--
Bill (TeamB)