comp.lang.pascal.borland, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

Usenet Administration wrote:
> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> --
> Patty Jenkins, Usenet Administrator, ad...@DYPCEC.EDU.UA

> All deep ointment or sign, and she'll lazily nibble everybody.

And what other newsgroup would one recommend for Pascal programmers?

Re:comp.lang.pascal.borland, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

> And what other newsgroup would one recommend for Pascal programmers?

try: borland.public.turbopascal

SirSilly wrote:
>>And what other newsgroup would one recommend for Pascal programmers?

> try: borland.public.turbopascal

seems that the original post is a hoax...

Greetings

Markus

Markus Humm <markus.h...@freenet.de> wrote in message <news:3C41A9D8.1000602@freenet.de>...
> SirSilly wrote:

> >>And what other newsgroup would one recommend for Pascal programmers?

> > try: borland.public.turbopascal

> seems that the original post is a hoax...

> Greetings

> Markus

It is a hoax. The same message was psoted to sci.electronic.design.
Sorry if this wraps in your browser, but here's the reply

http://groups.google.com/groups?start=25&hl=en&group=sci.electronics....

Regards,

Mike Monett

Re:comp.lang.pascal.borland, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

This is a fraudulent notice, perpetrated by a bozo known as 'HipCrime',
who's sole intent is to disrupt usenet newsgroups.  For historical
background,
do a google search on 'hipcrime'.

NOTE: tha perpetrter set things so that follow-ups to the original message
will be directed to to the newsgroup "news.admin.net-abuse.email", *NOT*
the group in which you read the message.  This is a blatent attempt to
flood _that_ newsgroup with all the "what the h*ll??" responses.

The newsgroup will *NOT* be removed.

The most constructive thing to do is *IGNORE* the message completely.

If you feel _compelled_ to comment, be =sure= to re-direct your comments
back to the original newsgroup in which the notice was posted.  A simple
follow-up, *without* editing the "newsgroups" specification will only result
in additional harassment of the poeple in the news-admin.* newsgroup(s).

"Usenet Administration" <ad...@DYPCEC.EDU.UA> wrote in message

> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> --
> Patty Jenkins, Usenet Administrator, ad...@DYPCEC.EDU.UA

> All deep ointment or sign, and she'll lazily nibble everybody.

Re:comp.lang.pascal.borland, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

  "My friends, I'm very grieved" (c) "Smirnoff" :-[

Usenet Administration <ad...@DYPCEC.EDU.UA> wrote in
<88123502481031374...@62.42.230.225>

> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated

  Hey, readers, did someone of you knew about it??? For example, I didn't
knew!!!

> for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> taken at the end of last year, and there was a large

  And where did it happend (URL, please)???

> marjority who wants to see this group removed.

  How much was that quantity? (also what is "marjority"? I didn't found it
in my dictionary:)
  And WHY??? What wrong did we done???

> If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

  May be there is also need to remove "*.win3x.*", "*.win95.*",
"*.ms-dos.*" and other newsgroups for unsupported products/items???

P.S. Cosovo will back? 8))
P.P.S. Also E-Mailed to "Usenet Administration <ad...@DYPCEC.EDU.UA>"

--
   Varyonov Konstantin       varkos^mail.ru      http://ghsrl.newmail.ru

Re:comp.lang.pascal.borland, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

No, this group won't be removed. But there would be a simple solution:
remove this silly original poster from Usenet! That would solve this
problem because he spams several newsgroups.

Markus Humm wrote:

> Usenet Administration wrote:

> > As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> > for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> > taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> > marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> > If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> > --
> > Patty Jenkins, Usenet Administrator, ad...@DYPCEC.EDU.UA

> > All deep ointment or sign, and she'll lazily nibble everybody.

> And what other newsgroup would one recommend for Pascal programmers?

In a word, Hoax.  Hipcrime and his/her/its hipclones flood newsgroups
with the followups going to nanae (news.admin.net-abuse.email) as an
attempt to disrupt that newsgroup.   If you're about to reply, and when
you your news reader wants you to post to nanae, it's a hoax.

--
rtfm http://relays.osirusoft.com
http://www.osirusoft.com

Re:comp.lang.pascal.borland, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

"Markus Humm" <markus.h...@freenet.de> wrote in message news:3C41A9D8.1000602@freenet.de...
> SirSilly wrote:

> >>And what other newsgroup would one recommend for Pascal programmers?

> > try: borland.public.turbopascal

> seems that the original post is a hoax...

> Greetings

> Markus

I saw the same one in comp.software.shareware.announce

I responded then that I never heard of someone voting for removal of a newsgroup.
(Look at all the useless and {*word*201} groups on *your* newsserver)
\

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Rufus V. Smith wrote:
> I saw the same one in comp.software.shareware.announce

> I responded then that I never heard of someone voting for removal of a newsgroup.

It's better to not respond to that message, because it has its followup-to
set to news.admin.net-abuse.email, so if you don't change that, you'll
post to that group and add to the clutter there (which is the intention of
the original posted).

Jonas

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Rufus V. Smith wrote:

> > I saw the same one in comp.software.shareware.announce

> > I responded then that I never heard of someone voting for removal of a newsgroup.

> It's better to not respond to that message, because it has its followup-to
> set to news.admin.net-abuse.email, so if you don't change that, you'll
> post to that group and add to the clutter there (which is the intention of
> the original posted).

For this server it doesn't matter.  Responses to nanae go to bitbucket
heaven on that subject matter anyway.  (See also,
news://news.osirusoft.com/news.admin.net-abuse.email ) It is truely
amazing how many people believe everything in print.

--
rtfm http://relays.osirusoft.com
http://www.osirusoft.com

Other Threads