rtl70.bpl is missing

Hello,

When I try to run our application on a winXP (SP2) workstation, i always
get the "rtl70.pbl is missing" error message. After trying to figure out
why this message comes up, I checked the project options but "build with
runtime package" is not selected. Allright, i checked the NG and found
Zig's entry (May, 24th 2004) and Dave Nottage's answer to load the
project, delete the .DOF, change something in the project and then run
it again. After following the instructions i hoped that the problem
would be solved, but i still get the error message.

All modules/dlls/... that this application uses are built without
runtime packages. I can't try much because compiling the whole project
takes about 30-40 Minutes (yes, it's very huge!).

Has anyone an idea?

Thank you in advance :)
Nicolai Waniek

Re:rtl70.bpl is missing

Nicolai Waniek wrote:

> Hello,

> When I try to run our application on a winXP (SP2) workstation, i always
> get the "rtl70.pbl is missing" error message. After trying to figure out
> why this message comes up, I checked the project options but "build with
> runtime package" is not selected. Allright, i checked the NG and found
> Zig's entry (May, 24th 2004) and Dave Nottage's answer to load the
> project, delete the .DOF, change something in the project and then run
> it again. After following the instructions i hoped that the problem
> would be solved, but i still get the error message.

> All modules/dlls/... that this application uses are built without
> runtime packages. I can't try much because compiling the whole project
> takes about 30-40 Minutes (yes, it's very huge!).

If you have GExperts installed use the PE viewer on each of the Dlls and the
Exe.  Look on the imports tab for the vcl70.bpl import.  That is the one being
built with packages.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Re:rtl70.bpl is missing

> If you have GExperts installed use the PE viewer on each of the Dlls and the
> Exe.  Look on the imports tab for the vcl70.bpl import.  That is the one being
> built with packages.

Hello and thank's for the answer!
I have GExperts installed and checked the importet dlls and files, but
neither the exe itself imports vcl70.bpl nor does any dll that is included!

Best regards,
Nicolai Waniek

Re:rtl70.bpl is missing

Allright I just checked the .exe my colleague is using and this .exe
imports the rtl.bpl?! i just recompiled the project on my machine
(didn't do any changes to project information) and checked the header
information again, but rtl.bpl is not importet..

strange things are going on sometimes!
Nicolai

Other Threads