Interbase server manager not showing connections

Why does my server manager only show active connections of local server
but not of network server though I'm connected to a network database? Is
there any way to get to know who are connected, this would help a lot
when shutting down the database. Now I have to give a call to everybody
I think might be connected.

Thanks
Heikki
Heikki.Rati...@Tamfelt.fi

Re:Interbase server manager not showing connections

In article <341080BA.4...@Tamfelt.fi> Heikki Ratinen <Heikki.Rati...@Tamfelt.fi> writes:
>Why does my server manager only show active connections of local server
>but not of network server though I'm connected to a network database? Is
>there any way to get to know who are connected, this would help a lot
>when shutting down the database. Now I have to give a call to everybody
>I think might be connected.

Eh?  Interbase should know perfectly well who is connected and when a manager
requests to shut down the remote server it provides several options for
handling the existing connections.  Interbase should not shut down while a
connection is active unless you force it to.

Re:Interbase server manager not showing connections

>>Why does my server manager only show active connections of local server
>>but not of network server though I'm connected to a network database? Is
>>there any way to get to know who are connected, this would help a lot
>>when shutting down the database. Now I have to give a call to everybody
>>I think might be connected.

>Eh?  Interbase should know perfectly well who is connected and when a manager
>requests to shut down the remote server it provides several options for
>handling the existing connections.  Interbase should not shut down while a
>connection is active unless you force it to.

Yes, you're right, Interbase knows who are connected but the connections button
in Interbase Server Manager is inactive when a network database is chosen, so I
can't see who are connected. When the local database is chosen, it shows me
that I am connected.

In case I want to force it to shut down I prefer to first give a call to all
connected persons. Also, database validation cannot be run if anyone is
connected and if Interbase doesn't show them I have to call everybody who
might be connected. So, is there a way to get a list of connected users?

Thanks

Heikki
Heikki.Rati...@Tamfelt.fi

Other Threads