Delphi 2.0 crashing Windows NT 3.51

I just started working with Delphi 2.0 on a Windows NT 3.51
Workstation. To my surprise, I had several crashes when clicking
the " open file" button, when switching to another unit in the
editor, or when rebuilding the vcl library. Delphi 1.0 works
beautifully. Did anybody experince the same problem?

--
Gabriel Beccar-Varela
E-Mail gabr...@emf.net

Re:Delphi 2.0 crashing Windows NT 3.51

In article <317E4349.3...@emf.net>,
   Gabriel Beccar-Varela <gabr...@emf.net> wrote:

>I just started working with Delphi 2.0 on a Windows NT 3.51
>Workstation. To my surprise, I had several crashes when clicking
>the " open file" button, when switching to another unit in the
>editor, or when rebuilding the vcl library. Delphi 1.0 works
>beautifully. Did anybody experince the same problem?

I installed 2.0 on my machine today, and I had a very strange occurrence: I
was deleting an unneeded icon in progman, and POOF suddenly progman
disappeared, along with several other apps. The system was unusuable,
though the task dialog could be brought up. When I clicked on shutdowm, the
machine hung. I can't recall if I had D2 running (I think I did), but I had
IB running.

Scary. I used NT 3.1 and 3.5 for over a year and a half, and found it
extremely difficult to crash.

--
Brad Aisa <ba...@hookup.net>  web: http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

Visit the Capitalism FAQ!: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~shadab/

"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

Re:Delphi 2.0 crashing Windows NT 3.51

Gabriel Beccar-Varela <gabr...@emf.net> wrote:
>I just started working with Delphi 2.0 on a Windows NT 3.51
>Workstation. To my surprise, I had several crashes when clicking
>the " open file" button, when switching to another unit in the
>editor, or when rebuilding the vcl library. Delphi 1.0 works
>beautifully. Did anybody experince the same problem?

I did have some problems when I first installed a new Pentium mother
board that used shared memory for the video. Delphi 2.0 crashed
whenever I tried to load a project or tried to open the component
pallette any further than the second one from the left. On the rare
occasions it didn't crash, I found the component icons were all
jumbled on top of each other. After speaking with Delphi tech support
in Australia I changed the mother board to one that does not have on
board video and shared video memory, Delphi now runs correctly.
I found it interesting that Delphi was the only app effected.

.. John

Internet  jo...@zip.com.au

4 Years to total confusion.

Other Threads