QR - making own preview, and making it MDI Child

I understand that I can make a quick report an MDI child if I create my own
preview.

Also I would like to know how to make a QR modal as the standard preview
does not seem to be although it is suposed to. I mean I can stll click on
the form which opened the quick report preview (via a menu) , the form will
receive focus and the quickreport will dissapear behind the application main
window, this does not seem to be true modal behavior.

Is there enough documentation that comes with Delphi 3.0 to create my own
preview or will I need to purchase additional documentation.

Regards