Retrieve BDE info while executing "open" method with large databases ?

I'm using an ODBC connection to retrieve some data from an AS/400 remote
server, and it works fine, except for an annoying delay while "opening" the
dataset (i'm referring to the single statement "query1.open").

Does anyone know of a way to get BDE to return records reading info while
doing the OPEN command so that I can show some progress dialog to reassure
the user that the system is "doing" something ?

Thanks for any help.

Chris.T.

(for email remove the REMOVE statement)

Re:Retrieve BDE info while executing "open" method with large databases ?

For anyone interested...
Found a close answer at
http://www.borland.com.ru/devsupport/delphi/ti_list/TI3103.html

Chris.T.