Creating ftArray fields

I have been experimenting with Paradox tables using object fields as I
may have use for something like this in a project that I plan to do.  I
have been attempting to create a paradox table containing a ftArray
field as follows using Delphi 5 Professional:
=============
    With ITable do
      begin
        DataBaseName  := GetCurrentDir;
        TableType     := ttParadox;
        TableName     := ReserveListFileName;
        With FieldDefs do
          begin
            Clear;
            With AddFieldDef do
              begin
                Name      := 'Resource';
                DataType  := ftString;
                Size      := 20;
                Required  := True;
              end;
            With AddFieldDef do
              begin
                Name      := 'Start Date';
                DataType  := ftDate;
                Required  := True;
              end;
            With AddFieldDef do
              begin
                Name      := 'End Date';
                DataType  := ftDate;
                Required  := True;
              end;
//{
            With AddFieldDef do
              begin
                Name      := 'BitFields';
                DataType  := ftArray;
                Required  := True;
              end;
//}
          end;
        if NOT Exists then
          CreateTable;
      end;
======================
This passes muster during syntax check, but when I try to run it,
CreateTable blows off with a BDE error claiming "Capability not
supported".  Delphi 5 Professional is supposed to support ftArray
fields; can anyone suggest why this does not work?

Thanks for any help.
Jim Snellen

Re:Creating ftArray fields

Paradox does not support array fields.

--
Bill

Re:Creating ftArray fields

Jim,

Paradox does not have an array field type. However, I have stored
arrays in a bytes field and in a character field using paradox. There
are limitations but it might be possible to do what you want.

Bob
-----
Sent using Virtual Access 5.01 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Re:Creating ftArray fields

Thanks much for the replies; both are helpful.  I believe I have worked
out a way to doing what I need to do.

--jes

Other Threads