Best way to do timing stuff?

Whats is the best way to do excact timing? Delay is bad.

Re:Best way to do timing stuff?

Spectual wrote in message <36092AE1.E249C...@hotmail.com>...
>Whats is the best way to do excact timing? Delay is bad.

Well, if I need EXACT timing, then I wait for Vertical Blank (which on my
refresh rate is 72 times per sec - well at least I think it is;) ).

I can't be arsed putting my code here but check out the VWait statement in
my KOJAKVGA (ho hum), all assembler etc etc.

Scott Tunstall
Software Engineer
Eastern Solutions Ltd  (#18477)

http://www.kwikrite.clara.net/boulderdash/

Mail to: tunst...@email.msn.com

Re:Best way to do timing stuff?

I've a unit that uses the RTC timer (1,024 khz) or the PIT timer (1 khz)
for
delays.

Scott Tunstall heeft geschreven in bericht ...

>Spectual wrote in message <36092AE1.E249C...@hotmail.com>...
>>Whats is the best way to do excact timing? Delay is bad.

>Well, if I need EXACT timing, then I wait for Vertical Blank (which on my
>refresh rate is 72 times per sec - well at least I think it is;) ).

>I can't be arsed putting my code here but check out the VWait statement in
>my KOJAKVGA (ho hum), all assembler etc etc.

>Scott Tunstall
>Software Engineer
>Eastern Solutions Ltd  (#18477)

>http://www.kwikrite.clara.net/boulderdash/

>Mail to: tunst...@email.msn.com

Re:Best way to do timing stuff?

Re:Best way to do timing stuff?

Can somebody send me wincrt.tpu

Re:Best way to do timing stuff?

> Can somebody send me wincrt.tpu

No. WinCRT is compiled for Windows only. (wincrt.tpw)
If you have TP7, forget it.

Andras

Other Threads