BDE and Win XP Pro

Is there a compatibility problem between the BDE and Windows XP Pro.

A user is having a problem using an application that has the BDE (ver
5.01) accessing dbase tables (it's an old system) while under Windows
XP Pro.  (Home seems to be ok).  On his network, his 98 machines run
fine but the XP can't install the workstation.  The system was
originally designed in Delphi 4 or 5.

The error seems to be having a problem finding the database on a
mapped drive during installation.

Unfortunately, I do not have XP on my machine to test out.

Would upgrading to a later version of the BDE solve the issue ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks

Paolo