Sending Mail Attachments

Is there a way to open the default Mail Application with a new message and
specify an attachment?  I have looked into using MAPISendMail, but I need
this to work with whatever mail system is being used... not just Microsoft
programs.

Please help if you can.

wayne

Re:Sending Mail Attachments

If you need your code to work with any mail system, you can use our
IDSMail component.  It supports any mail systems based on MAPI,
SMTP/POP3 (Internet mail), VIM (Lotus), MHS (Novell), Banyan VINES, or
Active Messaging.  For example, this code sends mail with an attachment
via any mail system:

public
      idsMail: Variant;

idsMail := CreateOLEObject('IDSMailInterface.Server');
idsMail.ObjectKey := 'ABC123';
idsMail.NewMessage;
idsMail.AddRecipientTo ('Jim Smith');
idsMail.AddRecipientCc ('Mary Brown, Doug Williams');
idsMail.Subject := 'Meeting Agenda';
idsMail.Message := 'Here is the agenda for this weeks meeting';
idsMail.AddAttachment ('C:\MEETINGS\AGENDA.DOC');
idsMail.Send;

For more information on IDSMail, go to http://www.intuitive-data.com

--
Regards,

Eric June
Intuitive Data Solutions

--------- We Make OLE Servers Intuitive --------------
Eric June                     ej...@intuitive-data.com
Intuitive Data Solutions           fax: (408) 776-1267
Send/Rcv Email *EASILY* through SMTP/POP, VIM, MAPI,
MHS & VINES http://www.intuitive-data.com/idsmail.htm

Re:Sending Mail Attachments

Simple MAPISendMessage will work with any Mail Appl which is registered.
You can setup Netscape Messenger or Outlook Express as Default MAPI Appl. in
the Options.

Wayne schrieb:

> Is there a way to open the default Mail Application with a new message and
> specify an attachment?  I have looked into using MAPISendMail, but I need
> this to work with whatever mail system is being used... not just Microsoft
> programs.

> Please help if you can.

> wayne

  vcard.vcf