SQL Links and MS SQL Server

I have bought the Delphi C/S 2.01 which includes a newer BDE with SQL
Links.

After I installed the new version I could not access my MS SQL-Server
database any more because there is a new entry in the SQL Link driver named
vendor init. Every time I want to connect to the SQL server I get the error
message "vendor initialization failed".

But I dont know which DLL name I have to put into the vendor init field and
I cannot find a documentation about this.

Can anynoe help me please ?!

Thanks in advance, Mark <m...@schoch.vol.at>.

Re:SQL Links and MS SQL Server

Mark Schoch wrote:

> I have bought the Delphi C/S 2.01 which includes a newer BDE with SQL
> Links.

> After I installed the new version I could not access my MS SQL-Server
> database any more because there is a new entry in the SQL Link driver named
> vendor init. Every time I want to connect to the SQL server I get the error
> message "vendor initialization failed".

> But I dont know which DLL name I have to put into the vendor init field and
> I cannot find a documentation about this.

> Can anynoe help me please ?!

The "vendor init" field should be blank.  You may want to re-install the
links.  I had that problem once also -- overwriting seemed to work.

Also, if you have not done so already, call Borland and get the updated
SQL links 3.5 (for $10).  The performance on the ones that come [by
default] with D2 are *very* slow, but these new ones are really hot.

HTH,
Greg
--
| Greg Postlewait Consulting      | Portland Oregon Delphi User's
Group   |
| http://www.teleport.com/~gpost/ |
http://www.teleport.com/~gpost/delphi |

Other Threads