Looking for the format used by getimage/putimage functions

I am writing a DOS application using the Borland Graphics Interface.  The
function in question is getimage/putimage.

I would like to decode the bitmap used by the getimage/putimage functions.
I did find the topic I want in TI1174, but cannot find the technical paper
content (just references to the TI).  I want to capture a screen with
getimage(), manipulate the data in the buffer and then dump back onto the
screen with putimage().  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Karen

Re:Looking for the format used by getimage/putimage functions

The format used is the raw format used by the video mode.  The getimage and
putimage calls only move the data.  Other than preceeding the block of data
with two integers showing the height and width they do not manipulate or
change it.  Look for documentation on your video board and the bit patterns
for the mode it is in.

.  Ed

On 4 Oct 2000 08:06:49 -0800, "Karen Tuttle Frank" <ktfr...@msn.com> wrote:

>I would like to decode the bitmap used by the getimage/putimage functions.
>I did find the topic I want in TI1174, but cannot find the technical paper
>content (just references to the TI).

Using TI numbers without the title is meaningless. The TIs were renumbered
several times by Borland, so any number may be obsolete. What was the
Title of the TI? What was its subject? Did you search the TIs at the Borland
web site for any related to BGI or get/putimage?

>I want to capture a screen with getimage(), manipulate the data in the buffer
>and then dump back onto the screen with putimage().

From this and your msg subject I presume you want the TI with a subject of
"Formats used by the putimage()/getimage() function"
The last TI number I had for this was TI1086C, but it may have changed since.

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,

Other Threads