URGENT Paradox error message Table Full

Hi I have this paradox table called Lagereg.db

Now I get the error message.   Table full   . What can I do to solve it

URGENT  PLEASE HELP

Re:URGENT Paradox error message Table Full

The max. size of a Paradox table is blocksize (at time of creation of table)
times 64kB.  Default blocksize is 2048bytes, so a single table can get no
larger than 128MB.  There is a utility that can change the blocksize of an
existing table.  Max. is 32kB, so max tablesize then is: 2GB.  Look for it
at www.borland.com, BDE utilities I think.

Thomas Hellberg <or...@bildelskompaniet.se> wrote in message

> Hi I have this paradox table called Lagereg.db

> Now I get the error message.   Table full   . What can I do to solve it

> URGENT  PLEASE HELP

Re:URGENT Paradox error message Table Full

Paradox tables are limited to 64k blocks. The default block size is 2K for a
maximum table size of 128 mb. There is a utility at
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html that will increase the block
size of an existing table. Valid block sizes are 2, 4, 8, 16 or 32k.

Bill
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:URGENT Paradox error message Table Full

You could create a new table.  Borrow the existing table structure.  Then
check the blocksize using TRepair utilities and set it to the max allowed
for your version of Paradox.  Then just add from the "full" table.  To
ensure future tables use the max blocksize permitted,  set the default
blocksize parameter in bdecfg.  Config->Drivers->Native->Paradox,  change
the Blocksize parameter to the largest allowed value (32768 here).  You may
need this if you query a very large table and your answer table exceeds the
default size,  perhaps causing non-specific errors.

No restructure required.  No potential data loss.  Just be sure to do a
good backup first and then confirm the data transfer.  Original table stays
intact as-is.

Hope this Helps!

Larry

Thomas Hellberg wrote:
> Hi I have this paradox table called Lagereg.db

> Now I get the error message.   Table full   . What can I do to solve it

> URGENT  PLEASE HELP

Other Threads