BDE - Locating a field with NIL or NULL string fails

We are using MS Access 97 with BDE 5.1 for an application.

While searching for any particular field in a table having NIL or NULL value
(i.e., NULL string), the search fails and does not return the Record which
contains this field.

We are using the Locate function (BDE).

Could someone advise on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

K. Narayanan

Re:BDE - Locating a field with NIL or NULL string fails

Hi

Try that:
  table1.Fields[n].IsNull;

or a SQL: 'select count(*) as null_count from mytable where isnull(myfield)'

K. Narayanan <sca...@vsnl.com> escribi en el mensaje de noticias
3c05dec7_2@dnews...

> We are using MS Access 97 with BDE 5.1 for an application.

> While searching for any particular field in a table having NIL or NULL
value
> (i.e., NULL string), the search fails and does not return the Record which
> contains this field.

> We are using the Locate function (BDE).

> Could someone advise on how to solve this problem?

> Thanks in advance,

> K. Narayanan

Other Threads