Error $210D (BDE Error 8461)

I'm running Windows NT 4, Delphi 4&5, BDE version 5.10.

I get Error $210D (BDE Error 8461) when I run the BDE Administrator and
SQL Explorer at the same time.  Either of them runs fine alone.  When I
try to start the other, the error occurs.  The error occurs frequently,
but not every time.  I can't figure out why it occurs sometimes, and
other times it does not.  What's going on?

Re:Error $210D (BDE Error 8461)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:07:59 -0600, Richard Wilcox <ric...@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>I get Error $210D (BDE Error 8461) when I run the BDE Administrator and
>SQL Explorer at the same time.  Either of them runs fine alone.  When I
>try to start the other, the error occurs.  The error occurs frequently,
>but not every time.  I can't figure out why it occurs sometimes, and
>other times it does not.  What's going on?

IIRC,  this is the behavior you get when the two different applications are
both attempting to launch different copies of the BDE,  especially if one
of them is pointing to an older version.  I believe there are documents on
the Borland web page on how to resolve conflicts of multiple BDE
installations (especially improperly done ones)...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
Jerry Bloomfield                                     JersW...@wwa.com
Proud Member of Borland's TeamB