EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 10058 with HTTP client Indy 9.0.3

When using HTTP.Get(URL,Response) to get a document
in a client I sometimes get the error:

  EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 10058
  Cannot send or receive after socket is closed.'.

Probably it is my stupidity but I cannot find out why, 9 out 10
times every thing is OK. I use this methode simply in the
main thread without any antifreeze. No SSL.
Indy version 9.0.3 but the same thing occured in 9.0.1

Ideas? Similar experiences?

Ruud.

Re:EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 10058 with HTTP client Indy 9.0.3

The reason for this is becouse Indy 9 supports keep-alive.
Are you getting this on the second call to get? I mean that there were
successfull get and then after some time when you try to do get again you
are gtting this message?

If this is the situation then this is bug which I will fix as soon as I have
some time to look at it.

Doychin Bondzhev - Team Indy

Doychin Bondzhev - Team Indy wrote:

> The reason for this is becouse Indy 9 supports keep-alive.
> Are you getting this on the second call to get? I mean that there were
> successfull get and then after some time when you try to do get again you
> are gtting this message?

Yep, this is indeed the case, the second get (where the first one
was succesfull) _after some time_. Gets which are  performed
directly after each other never give this problem. Also the failure is
never directly followed by a failure.

> If this is the situation then this is bug which I will fix as soon as I
> have some time to look at it.

That would be great. If you could post the fix (or workaround) here
(instead of having to wait for a full update) that would even be greater.
BTW, thanks for a wonderfull set of components !!!

Ruud Vlaming wrote:
> When using HTTP.Get(URL,Response) to get a document
> in a client I sometimes get the error:

>   EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 10058
>   Cannot send or receive after socket is closed.'.

> Indy version 9.0.3 but the same thing occured in 9.0.1

Correction. This effect does _not_ occur in version 9.0.1.

An other problem with 9.0.3 is the autentication. After
having supplied wrong username/password, you cannot
directly resend the correct data. I do not know if this is
related with the former problem, or something new.
This problem is also absent in 9.0.1.

FWIW: I have switched back to 9.0.1.

Ruud

Re:EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 10058 with HTTP client Indy 9.0.3

There were some bugs in this are which were fixed before few weeks. Just go
and get the latest development source code.

ftp://indy90:ind...@indy.nevrona.com

Doychin

> Ruud Vlaming wrote:

> > When using HTTP.Get(URL,Response) to get a document
> > in a client I sometimes get the error:

> >   EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 10058
> >   Cannot send or receive after socket is closed.'.

> > Indy version 9.0.3 but the same thing occured in 9.0.1

> Correction. This effect does _not_ occur in version 9.0.1.

> An other problem with 9.0.3 is the autentication. After
> having supplied wrong username/password, you cannot
> directly resend the correct data. I do not know if this is
> related with the former problem, or something new.
> This problem is also absent in 9.0.1.

> FWIW: I have switched back to 9.0.1.

> Ruud

Other Threads