How-To Install Indy 9 in Delphi 6 / Windows XP

I need to install Indy 9 in my Delphi 6, Windows XP.
I download file: IndyWin32_9_00_10_Src.zip
But I cant install it...
first I have problem with IdAntiFreeze...

Re:How-To Install Indy 9 in Delphi 6 / Windows XP

I had the same problem. The faq says to uninstal indy 8 from control panel,
and then install indy 9... But after the uninstallation I don't know how
install it... there are lots of files.. Where have i to locate them? what
have i to execute/add to borland and in which way?
I try in more ways and at the end seems that indy is installed... but when i
try its demo it doens't work...

Re:How-To Install Indy 9 in Delphi 6 / Windows XP

[This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and a
copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <3d46da69_1@dnews>, virtual...@tin.it says...

> I had the same problem. The faq says to uninstal indy 8 from control panel,
> and then install indy 9... But after the uninstallation I don't know how
> install it... there are lots of files.. Where have i to locate them? what
> have i to execute/add to borland and in which way?

You choose which directory you want Indy installed.  When I made the
distribution, the files were deliberately placed in a relative directory
(source).  That is important for a batch file mechanism I included.

Say you install in C:\Indy.

The source-code is then in c:\Indy\Source.

Now run FULLD6.BAT with administrative privillages and you get a file
layout such as this:

C:\WiNNT\System32 - run-time-only BPL
C:\Indy\D6 - the D6 binaries except for the run-time only .BPL
C:\Indy\Souce - the source-code mentioned previously.

Then you add, C:\Indy\D6 to your library directory (I recommend that you
place that as the{*word*128}entry in your library path).  You then select add
the Package with Component|Install Packages...|Add and then select the
DclIndy60.bpl in the C:\Indy\D6 directory.

Now keep in mind that do I not have XP so if therre's a quirk with that
OS, I can't help.

HTH.

--
Support the anti-Spam amendment - Join at http://www.cauce.org/
J. Peter Mugaas     E-Mail:  oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu

Re:How-To Install Indy 9 in Delphi 6 / Windows XP

Maybe you also should make sure that all .dcu files that comes with Indy 8
in lib\ in your delphi folder is deleted. Check that there is no .dcu files
there which start with Id..

"J. Peter Mugaas" <oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu> skrev i melding

> [This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and a
> copy was sent to the cited author.]

> In article <3d46da69_1@dnews>, virtual...@tin.it says...
> > I had the same problem. The faq says to uninstal indy 8 from control
panel,
> > and then install indy 9... But after the uninstallation I don't know how
> > install it... there are lots of files.. Where have i to locate them?
what
> > have i to execute/add to borland and in which way?

> You choose which directory you want Indy installed.  When I made the
> distribution, the files were deliberately placed in a relative directory
> (source).  That is important for a batch file mechanism I included.

> Say you install in C:\Indy.

> The source-code is then in c:\Indy\Source.

> Now run FULLD6.BAT with administrative privillages and you get a file
> layout such as this:

> C:\WiNNT\System32 - run-time-only BPL
> C:\Indy\D6 - the D6 binaries except for the run-time only .BPL
> C:\Indy\Souce - the source-code mentioned previously.

> Then you add, C:\Indy\D6 to your library directory (I recommend that you
> place that as the{*word*128}entry in your library path).  You then select add
> the Package with Component|Install Packages...|Add and then select the
> DclIndy60.bpl in the C:\Indy\D6 directory.

> Now keep in mind that do I not have XP so if therre's a quirk with that
> OS, I can't help.

> HTH.

> --
> Support the anti-Spam amendment - Join at http://www.cauce.org/
> J. Peter Mugaas     E-Mail:  oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu
> http://wvnvm.wvnet.edu/~oma00215/  ICQ Number:  14297043
> Finger for PGP Key

Re:How-To Install Indy 9 in Delphi 6 / Windows XP

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:10:37 -0400, J. Peter Mugaas

<oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu> wrote:
>[This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and a
>copy was sent to the cited author.]

>In article <3d46da69_1@dnews>, virtual...@tin.it says...
>> I had the same problem. The faq says to uninstal indy 8 from control panel,
>> and then install indy 9... But after the uninstallation I don't know how
>> install it... there are lots of files.. Where have i to locate them? what
>> have i to execute/add to borland and in which way?

>You choose which directory you want Indy installed.  When I made the
>distribution, the files were deliberately placed in a relative directory
>(source).  That is important for a batch file mechanism I included.

>Then you add, C:\Indy\D6 to your library directory (I recommend that you
>place that as the{*word*128}entry in your library path).  You then select add
>the Package with Component|Install Packages...|Add and then select the
>DclIndy60.bpl in the C:\Indy\D6 directory.

>Now keep in mind that do I not have XP so if therre's a quirk with that
>OS, I can't help.

I'm using XP and the library path seems to have been added for me. :)
However, according to the web site the install should ask me if i want
the indy dcu's removed from debug, that didn't happen. Should i remove
them now ?

I would like to say a big thank you to all the people who have had
anything to do with Indy, you've made my life a lot easier. :)

In article <qlpgku4krm34oe872sn0raq4pds5b21...@4ax.com>,
ron_l...@ntlworld.com says...

> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:10:37 -0400, J. Peter Mugaas
> <oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu> wrote:

> >[This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and a
> >copy was sent to the cited author.]

> >In article <3d46da69_1@dnews>, virtual...@tin.it says...
> >> I had the same problem. The faq says to uninstal indy 8 from control panel,
> >> and then install indy 9... But after the uninstallation I don't know how
> >> install it... there are lots of files.. Where have i to locate them? what
> >> have i to execute/add to borland and in which way?

> >You choose which directory you want Indy installed.  When I made the
> >distribution, the files were deliberately placed in a relative directory
> >(source).  That is important for a batch file mechanism I included.

> >Then you add, C:\Indy\D6 to your library directory (I recommend that you
> >place that as the{*word*128}entry in your library path).  You then select add
> >the Package with Component|Install Packages...|Add and then select the
> >DclIndy60.bpl in the C:\Indy\D6 directory.

> >Now keep in mind that do I not have XP so if therre's a quirk with that
> >OS, I can't help.

> I'm using XP and the library path seems to have been added for me. :)
> However, according to the web site the install should ask me if i want
> the indy dcu's removed from debug, that didn't happen. Should i remove
> them now ?

I do not recommend using the automated install.  I say that because we
had discontinued the automated installer for the official Indy release
version.  Build 9.0.3 (what I think you are referring to) had quite a
number of problems that we fixed later.  The official version released
is version 9 build 10.

--
J. Peter Mugaas - Chairperson, Distribution Team, Indy Pit Crew
Internet Direct (Indy) Website - http://www.nevrona.com/Indy

Other Threads