ReportSmith 2.5 Printing Problem

Hi,

I have a problem printing data with ReportSmith 2.5 and Delphi 1.0.
My application (installed on more than 80 different computers all
around Germany) is printing lots of data fields. Some of these fields
are char-fields and some of these fields are memo-fields (Paradox). On 2
of this installations (both Win95) RS is mixing the memo-fields, so
memo1 is printing the content of memo2, memo3 is printing the content of
memo5 and so on... When my customer is making a second print then memo2
is printing the content of an other memo (memo6 i.e.). There is no logic
in this behaviour.

Any idea?

Regards
Hanno Welsch

Re:ReportSmith 2.5 Printing Problem

ReportSmith does not support memo data types.  If this is really a memo data
type you are just getting lucky on the reports that work.  If it is a text
field I have seen where ReportSmith is getting low on memory ( stack GDI... )
and does all kinds of strange things.  RS 2.5 is a 16 bit app and is subject
to all the 16 bit memory issues.  It also has several memory leaks.  If you
are using macros they suck up a lot of memory also.  Try this boot the
machine, close all other applications. Start RS and run the report.  If you
can control the amount of data selected, try it with a small amount of data
and continue to increase the number of records to see it that has an impact.

Hope this helps......