BDE 5.0 slower then 4.51 with paradox tables

Hello,

I have downloaded the latest bde 5.0 update from inprise and tested it
with my applications.

I experience performance loss when opening queries on paradox tables
in compare with bde 4.51. Can anybody confirm this? How can i solve
this problem? Some of my forms take seconds longer before they appear!

I use delphi 3.02 pro on win95a.

Erwin van den Bosch
TNG applications.
The Netherlands

Re:BDE 5.0 slower then 4.51 with paradox tables

Yes, I can confirm this. We just upgraded from Delphi 3 C/S to Delphi 4 C/S
and the queries on a Paradox database take 5 times more time than with
Delphi 3. I can't believe this.

Maarten Kroon
Informaat b.v.
The Netherlands.

Erwin van den Bosch wrote in message
<35c1a11d.13485...@forums.borland.com>...

>Hello,

>I have downloaded the latest bde 5.0 update from inprise and tested it
>with my applications.

>I experience performance loss when opening queries on paradox tables
>in compare with bde 4.51. Can anybody confirm this? How can i solve
>this problem? Some of my forms take seconds longer before they appear!

>I use delphi 3.02 pro on win95a.

>Erwin van den Bosch
>TNG applications.
>The Netherlands

Re:BDE 5.0 slower then 4.51 with paradox tables

I certainly haven't noticed this using Interbase/MsSql.  I'm using
D3 and Bde 5.

However, since Delhpi 2, the bde for paradox & dbase for performance
has been very slow opening files.  It does not surprise me that this may
have become worse as additional layers get added to BDE.   For this
reason we have completely abandoned dbase/paradox.

Maarten Kroon wrote in message <6ptco4$ou...@forums.borland.com>...
>Yes, I can confirm this. We just upgraded from Delphi 3 C/S to Delphi 4 C/S
>and the queries on a Paradox database take 5 times more time than with
>Delphi 3. I can't believe this.

>Maarten Kroon
>Informaat b.v.
>The Netherlands.

Re:BDE 5.0 slower then 4.51 with paradox tables

>I experience performance loss when opening queries on paradox tables
>in compare with bde 4.51. Can anybody confirm this? How can i solve
>this problem? Some of my forms take seconds longer before they appear!

I can confirm this.
I'm using D3.02 with Win98 (FAT32). Yesterday I have installed D4 with the
new BDE5.
Now it's very,very slow to open Paradox-Tables. But why????

Georg

Re:BDE 5.0 slower then 4.51 with paradox tables

With dBase table I see improvement of performance.

D3.03, Win95osr, FAT32

--
Sincerely yours
Anatoly Podgoretsky

Georg Ledermann D??? ???Y?? <6puq6f$p...@forums.borland.com> ...

In article <6puq6f$p...@forums.borland.com>,
  "Georg Ledermann" <a2419...@smail.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

> >I experience performance loss when opening queries on paradox tables
> >in compare with bde 4.51. Can anybody confirm this? How can i solve
> >this problem? Some of my forms take seconds longer before they appear!

> I can confirm this.
> I'm using D3.02 with Win98 (FAT32). Yesterday I have installed D4 with the
> new BDE5.
> Now it's very,very slow to open Paradox-Tables. But why????

> Georg

Same here. I have observed that both executing queries and opening paradox
tables has become much slower using BDE 5 (Delphi 3.02, NT4). I would be
interested in an explanation and a solution, too. Switching back to BDE 4.51
is a bad option, since I already use the new CAST function of local SQL in
BDE5.

Gerd

Re:BDE 5.0 slower then 4.51 with paradox tables

>Switching back to BDE 4.51
>is a bad option, since I already use the new CAST function of local SQL in
>BDE5.

Cast is not new to BDE5 just documented in LocalSQL help for the first time

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:BDE 5.0 slower then 4.51 with paradox tables

>Same here. I have observed that both executing queries and opening paradox
>tables has become much slower using BDE 5 (Delphi 3.02, NT4). I would be
>interested in an explanation and a solution, too. Switching back to BDE
4.51
>is a bad option, since I already use the new CAST function of local SQL in
>BDE5.

And when you upgraded to Delphi 4, switching back to BDE 4.51 is not an
option at all, because BDE 4.51 doesn't work with with Delphi 4.

Other Threads