TTreeView weird happenings, help please??

Hi again,

This is my first foray into the TTReeView and bewildering it is.

I wanted to change the window color so set...

Color:=$00EEFFEE;

which was fine except now the text background is still white. I
scoured the manuals and the Help files and could not find
Font.BackGroundColor or anything like it. It looks dumb with a green
TreeView and white patches around the text.

One other weird thing I must be missing here, is I changed the
Font.Color:=clRed for the TreeView but it remained Black.

Once again, some assistance on these two issues would be greatly
appreciated.

The more features of Delphi I use for the first time, the more I
realize how little I know. <g>

--

Regards,

Peter Nolan
CEO Nolan Innovation Inc.
*********************************
http://aluminator.tierranet.com
Ph:   (520) 772-9730
Cellular: (520) 713-7016
Fax:  (520) 772-9839
*********************************

Re:TTreeView weird happenings, help please??

Hi !

The problem is (I guess) that you've chosen a color that is being
dithered (made up of pixels in different colors) due to low color
resolution. Font background may not be dithered, so the nearest solid
color is chosen, in your case - white. If you set resolution to 16 bits,
it works just fine.

--

Bjoerge

Peter Nolan skrev i meldingen <37e94fc8.10449...@news1.ibm.net>...

>Hi again,

>This is my first foray into the TTReeView and bewildering it is.

>I wanted to change the window color so set...

>Color:=$00EEFFEE;

>which was fine except now the text background is still white. I
>scoured the manuals and the Help files and could not find
>Font.BackGroundColor or anything like it. It looks dumb with a green
>TreeView and white patches around the text.

>One other weird thing I must be missing here, is I changed the
>Font.Color:=clRed for the TreeView but it remained Black.

>Once again, some assistance on these two issues would be greatly
>appreciated.

>The more features of Delphi I use for the first time, the more I
>realize how little I know. <g>

>--

>Regards,

>Peter Nolan
>CEO Nolan Innovation Inc.
>*********************************
>http://aluminator.tierranet.com
>Ph:   (520) 772-9730
>Cellular: (520) 713-7016
>Fax:  (520) 772-9839
>*********************************

Re:TTreeView weird happenings, help please??

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 00:44:07 +0200, "Bj?rge S?ther"

<REMOVE_bsaet...@online.no> wrote:
>>The problem is (I guess) that you've chosen a color that is being
>>dithered (made up of pixels in different colors) due to low color
>>resolution. Font background may not be dithered, so the nearest solid
>>color is chosen, in your case - white. If you set resolution to 16 bits,
>>it works just fine.

Ok, but then I wouldn't have this nice wooosey light pastel green. I
change the edit boxes and memo colors according to whether they are
read only or not. Customers love it as they are not hammering at the
keyboard when an edit control has been disabled for a good reason.

I used plain yellow in 16bit but it looked too intense so went for the
pastel green, red, yellow and blue. Looks very spiffy but I guess I'll
have to figure out a way around the problem.

There has to be a TextBackground assigned somewhere, I just need to
find where and over-ride it.

--

Regards,

Peter Nolan
CEO Nolan Innovation Inc.
*********************************

Peter Nolan skrev i meldingen <37e6d023.43313...@news1.ibm.net>...

>On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 00:44:07 +0200, "Bj?rge S?ther"
><REMOVE_bsaet...@online.no> wrote:

>>>The problem is (I guess) that you've chosen a color that is being
>>>dithered (made up of pixels in different colors) due to low color
>>>resolution. Font background may not be dithered, so the nearest solid
>>>color is chosen, in your case - white. If you set resolution to 16
bits,
>>>it works just fine.

>Ok, but then I wouldn't have this nice wooosey light pastel green. I
>change the edit boxes and memo colors according to whether they are
>read only or not. Customers love it as they are not hammering at the
>keyboard when an edit control has been disabled for a good reason.

>I used plain yellow in 16bit but it looked too intense so went for the
>pastel green, red, yellow and blue. Looks very spiffy but I guess I'll
>have to figure out a way around the problem.

>There has to be a TextBackground assigned somewhere, I just need to
>find where and over-ride it.

Maybe you're dealing with an older version of the ComCtl32.dll (or
whatever it's called..) ?
On my machines (W95/W98), I may both set the font.color and get a proper
background when doing 16bit colors...

--

Bjoerge

Other Threads