Bitmaps on a PC using Turbo Pascal

I need help on reading and displaying bitmap picture files (.bmp) in a
Turbo Pascal 7 program.  How is a bitmap file organised (headers,
resolution info etc.).  Also how do I use 256 (or more colours) and
higher resolutions?  I think I need to write straight to video ram or
something, I have tried using Mode 13h to do this but it has poor
resolution (320x200 I think).  Please could someone send me some
information concerning this (units, useful procedures etc.) I would
also like some information about pallette switching and similar.  Am I
on the right lines?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Robin Cull
Ro...@icetea.demon.co.uk
(I can't think of an interesting .sig, any suggestions?)

Re:Bitmaps on a PC using Turbo Pascal

Robin Cull wrote:

> I need help on reading and displaying bitmap picture files (.bmp) in a
> Turbo Pascal 7 program.  How is a bitmap file organised (headers,
> resolution info etc.).

Try ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/pub/msdos/programmer
Lot's of cool stuff ! You should find bmp.zip in one of
the subdirectories

   __/  __/   -  Christian Froeschlin
  /    /
 /     _/     * If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, *
___/ _/       * however improbable, must be the BUG !              *

Other Threads