Quick Reports - Crystal Reports, MetaFiles (filters), Printing and Preview

Hi I have Some Quick Report Questions
 1) should I be using Crystal Reports?
2) I have been using The Filtering for export to export the reports
(html, rtf, excel) and they all sort of work except the metafile which
crashes and burns, any thoughts?
3) I'm using the TQRPreview to display the report at run time and I have
been having a lot of fun making the preview flow and size properly.  I
doen't seem to be the sizing of the actual preview but the size of the
"panel"? it is in that is a bit iffy, any comments?

Thanks Roger

Re:Quick Reports - Crystal Reports, MetaFiles (filters), Printing and Preview

Roger <rmacken...@IDELIX.com> wrote in message

> Hi I have Some Quick Report Questions
> 2) I have been using The Filtering for export to export the reports
> (html, rtf, excel) and they all sort of work except the metafile which
> crashes and burns, any thoughts?

Are you doing the metafile export programmatically? If Yes you need to
prepare the report before exporting, something like this:

var
    AFilter: TQRWMFExportFilter;
begin
    AFilter := TQRWMFExportFilter.Create('MyRep.wmf');
    try
        QuickRep.Prepare; // <<======
        QuickRep.ExportToFilter(AFilter);
    finally
        QuickRep.QRPrinter.Free;
        QuickRep.QRPrinter := nil;
        AFilter.Free;

Hope that helps.

--
Girish Patil
Pragnaan Software

PsQRFilters, WYSIWYG Export Filters for QuickReport!
PsFRExportFilters, WYSIWYG Export Filters for FastReport!
PsLookup Pack, Extensively enhanced replacements for TDBLookupListBox and
TDBLookupComboBox

Other Threads