Best UK price for Delphi Client/Server version

In article <810842862...@flying.demon.co.uk>
           t...@flying.demon.co.uk "Tim Copland" writes:

>I have heard that someone is selling Delphi Client/Server plus RAD pack plus
>a help authoring tool for 495GBP. Anyone got the details or know a better
>offer?

Well as that is lower than the trade price for Client/Server alone,
it is either a private sale, a pirate copy or what they are actually
offering is the Desktop version which would work out about right.

--
Donald Oddy
Grove Systems Ltd.                                    0161-224 4465

Re:Best UK price for Delphi Client/Server version

> >I have heard that someone is selling Delphi Client/Server plus RAD
pack plus
> >a help authoring tool for 495GBP. Anyone got the details or know a
better
> >offer?

> Well as that is lower than the trade price for Client/Server alone,
> it is either a private sale, a pirate copy or what they are actually
> offering is the Desktop version which would work out about right.

This is QBS software's current special deal.  It consists of:
   Delphi Client/Server V1.0 (CD)
   RAD pack (CD) (includes delphi patch for V1.01)
   ForeHelp (3.5") (by ForeFront inc)

I understand that it is only available for a few days more  (End of
Sept?).  Given how large QBS are, I doubt very much that it is
illegitimate, they probably got a bulk discount on it.

They have some other deals on as well, but I don't recall the specifics.

                                                  -Mike

 Michael Marsden        http://Metro.TurnPike.Net/M/MikeMars/index.html
                              Primary EMail: MikeM...@Satan.Demon.Co.UK
                                  Secondary:  100550....@CompuServe.Com

Donald Oddy wrote:
> Well as that is lower than the trade price for Client/Server alone,
> it is either a private sale, a pirate copy or what they are actually
> offering is the Desktop version which would work out about right.

I got mailed exactly the same offer direct from Borland UK, and I don't
think they would be selling pirated copies:-)

No doubt they are keen to discount 16-bit Client/Server product to make
way for the 32-bit version in a few months.

--
-- Roger Browne, 6 Bambers Walk, Wesham, PR4 3DG, UK   | Ph 01772-687525
-- Everything Eiffel: compilers/libraries/publications | +44-1772-687525

Other Threads