Wave File Selection Dialog That Lets Wave Be Played

I need a dialog that let's my users select a wave file and also features
a button that will let them play the wave so they can verify what it is?

Can I extend TOpenDialog to place this "play" button on it or is there
another dialog class out there that I can extend to have this
functionality?

--
     Mike Vance

Re:Wave File Selection Dialog That Lets Wave Be Played

Mike Vance wrote:

> I need a dialog that let's my users select a wave file and also features
> a button that will let them play the wave so they can verify what it is?

> Can I extend TOpenDialog to place this "play" button on it or is there
> another dialog class out there that I can extend to have this
> functionality?

> --
>      Mike Vance

Hi Mike!
I guess you can assemble your own OpenDialog from existing components
(TDirectoryListBox etc.) and add your button to it.

Regards,
B. Leprtre

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/lucie.lepretre/page8.html

Re:Wave File Selection Dialog That Lets Wave Be Played

In the mail I received a very good suggestion.  Looking at the
TOpenPictureDialog source shows me how to create my descendant of
TOpenDialog that will do everything I want.  Thanks!

Other Threads