Personal Oracle 7.3 and BDE

Has anyone seen a situation with Personal Oracle 7.3 where the BDE
alias is (apparently) configured properly, a connection is made to the
database, but when you go to explore objects such as tables, you get
zilch in the table list?

I have this situation on my portable, but the strange thing is that it
works fine on my desktop. I've compared DLL versions on both machines,
BDE settings, etc. and they're all identical. I can connect to
Personal Oracle on both machines through SQL Plus and the navigator
and everything looks fine.

I'm using Delphi 3.0 C/S (latest patch) on Win 95.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm at that point where I can't
see the forest for the trees. Any help would be appreciated.

Vision Systems
A Microsoft Certified Solution Provider