Component that plays quicktime .mov files??

I currently use RxLib's RxGIFAnimator component to play animated .gif
files; however, it does not play Quicktime .mov files.  I've checked out
Torry's and other popular Delphi pages but found none.  Is anyone out
there aware of a component that will play quicktime .mov files?  or
better still, both types?

Thanks,
John

Re:Component that plays quicktime .mov files??

I've since found that the MediaPlayer does play .mov files, but not
animated .gif  :-(

Any information on a component that plays both would be appreciated.
Thanks.

John Smith wrote:
> I currently use RxLib's RxGIFAnimator component to play animated .gif
> files; however, it does not play Quicktime .mov files.  I've checked out
> Torry's and other popular Delphi pages but found none.  Is anyone out
> there aware of a component that will play quicktime .mov files?  or
> better still, both types?

> Thanks,
> John

Re:Component that plays quicktime .mov files??

I checked for you and it seems that DirectShow know to play both (and more)
formats, I think you should switch to a DirectShow based player. a Delphi
framework and components can be found at http://www.progdigy.com

--
Liran Shahar
Com-N-Sense (www.com-n-sense.com)

Re:Component that plays quicktime .mov files??

Thanks Liran, I will try that instead.
:-)

"Liran Shahar" <lir...@com-n-sense.com> wrote in message

> I checked for you and it seems that DirectShow know to play both (and
more)
> formats, I think you should switch to a DirectShow based player. a Delphi
> framework and components can be found at http://www.progdigy.com

> --
> Liran Shahar
> Com-N-Sense (www.com-n-sense.com)